The demands on industrial processes and products keep growing. When efficient and sustainable solutions are called for, the uniquely pure lime products of KFN play a significant role.
The unique first-class features of our raw lime and the careful processing using facilities that employ the most modern technologies see to it that our lime is used in numerous fields of application. KFN lump lime, fine white lime and hydrated lime is used either as a raw material or as an agent for pathbreaking products in fields that range from wastewater treatment to paper pulp production.
Apart from the traditional uses in the steel and construction industries, agriculture and forestry, our assortment of lime products is conquering more and more future markets. KFN lime from the Elggis mountain in the Swiss canton of Glarus can play an important role in the production of novel materials, in the health sector or in protecting this world’s climate.
What makes KFN lime products unique:
- Lime with calcium carbonate content reaching above 99%
- Highest purity, lowest iron and lead content in Europe
- Calcium hydroxide content reaching above 98%, remaining CO2 <0,7 %)
- Extra fine calcium hydroxide for faster chemical reactions (100% < 0.02 mm)
- High CaO-reactivity with t60-value under 40 seconds
- Highest white level without black spots, 96,8% (Spectro Color Ry)
- Certified for food, animal feed and drinking water processes and products according to ISO / FSSC 22000
- Maintenance of highest quality standards ensured through quality management system